- Are Antibiotics For Sinus Infections And Effective Means Of Treatment?
- Diagnosing And Treating Chronic Sinus Infections
- Cure Sinus Infection At Home Naturally With These Remedies
- Characteristics Of Diffuse Sinusitis
- Some Of The Signs That Will Show Up If Youíre Horse Has Equine Sinusitis
- The Painful Reality Of Flying With Sinus Infection Issues
- Check Your Pantry: Home Remedy For Severe Sinus Infection
- How To Stop Sinus Infections: Flush The Sinuses Is Your Best Bet
- An Alternative, Natural Treatment In Mangosteen For Sinus Problems
- Quick Fix: Natural Cures For A Sinus Infection
- Symptoms And Treatment Of Pan Sinusitis
- There Are Some Problems With Sinus Surgery
- Causes Of And Treatments For Recurrent Sinus Infections
- Sinus Cones: One Of A Kind Remedy For A Sinus Infection
- You Donít Need A Medical Degree To See The Signs Of Sinus Infection
- Telltale Signs Of A Sinusitis Pressure Headache
- How To Get Sinusitis Relief
- What Sinusitis Symptoms Look Like
- How To Identify And Treat Your Sinus Congestion
- Promoting Sinus Drainage To Prevent Sinus Infections
- A Relationship Between Sinus Drainage And Diarrhea?
- How To Tell If You Have A Sinus Infection
- Problems That Can Occur With Sinus Infection And Asthma
- Sinus Infection Causes And Symptoms
- Super Sinus Infection Cures
- Is This A Sinus Infection Or Toothache?
- How To Recognize Sinus Infection Symptoms
- Sinus Infection Symptoms Are Many And Are Usually Treated With Antibiotics
- Sinus Infection Treatments You Can Do At Home
- The Most Commonly Known Sinus Problem Is Para Nasal Sinus
- Identifying The Reasons For Sinus Problems And Seeking Treatment
- Sinus Problems: Symptoms And Treatment
- Sinus Problem Symptoms: What To Look For
- Too Bad There Isnít A Stop Sinus Drainage Sign You Can Put On Your Nose
- Decipher What You Have: Symptoms Of A Sinus Infection
- How To Recognize The Symptoms Of A Sinus Infection
- Know More About Your Sinuses And The Symptoms Of Sinus Infections
- A Few Simple Yet Effective Means Of Treating Sinus Infection
- Your Options Of Treatment For Sinusitis
- Factors About What Causes Sinus Drainage
- Equine Sinusitis
- How To Promote Sinus Drainage
- Reason Horse Has Nose Clear Drainage
- Sinusitis In Horses
- How To End A Sinus Infection Before Flight
- Flying Sinus Infection Pressure Pain
- Horse Sinus Drainage Bad Odor
- I Cant Tell If I Have A Tooth Ache Or A Sinus Infection
- Sinus Pain Flying Ear Plugs
- Sinus Sickness Plane Pressure
- Flying With A Sinus Infection Pain
- How To Fix Ear Pressure After Flying With Sinus Infection
- Flying With A Sinus Infection Hearing Loss
- Horse Sinus Infection Symptoms
- Toothache On Plane
- Pansinusitis Picture
- Tooth Pain During Flying
- Airplane Tooth Pain
- Post Nasal Drip And Flying
- Sinus Infection Horse Symptoms
- Cause Of Equine Sinusitis
- How To Stop A Sinus Tooth Ache
- Flying And Sinus Infection
- Flying With Sinus Infection Problems
- Symtoms Of A Horse With A Bad Tooth
- Very Sore Ears During Flight
- Flying With Blocked Sinuses
- Treatment Of Symptoms Of Ear Aches And Sinus Pain And Congestion During Air Flight
- Meds To Take For Ea Pressure After Flying
Please like this page:
The Painful Reality Of Flying With Sinus Infection Issues
Anyone who has had a cold or ear problems knows that air travel can be quite painful and flying with sinus infection problems is no picnic either. During your flight, the air pressure between the plane cabin and your sinus cavities and middle ear has to equalize in order to avoid pain. However, if you have a sinus infection, the swelling in the nasal passageways can prevent that equalization from occurring and even cause more potential problems like extreme ear pain and in rate instances, toothaches.
Side Effects of Flying with Sinus Infection Problems
Sinus pain and ear pain are not the only side effects of flying with sinus infection problems. If you are not already on antibiotics, you could either infect someone else with your germs or you may end up with even more germs picked up from someone else on the airplane. After all, the recycled air circulating through the plane cabins is not the cleanest around and could harbor all sorts of germs.
The likely scenario of flying with sinus infection problems is that your Eustachian tube in your ears will become blocked. The pressure changes inside you ear can cause a few problems like dizziness or vertigo, temporary hearing loss and even tinnitus, which is a ringing in the ears. The worst case scenario of flying with sinus infection issues is that your blocked Eustachian tube caused by pressure changes could result in a ruptured ear drum.
Treatment Options when Flying with Sinus Infection Troubles
Your doctor will be the first to tell you that flying with sinus infection problems is not a smart move on your part. However, if you must travel via plane, there are a few things you can do to lessen your pain symptoms and get through the flight with relative ease.
First of all, when flying with sinus infection troubles, you want to combat that congestion problem. Over the counter decongestant sprays or a prescribed medication is essential. Of course, you should start taking your oral medications several days before flying if possible. Reserve the nasal sprays for before, during and after your flight. Donít forget to bring some pain reliever as well to ease the sinus, body and ear aches that you are sure to experience as well.
Chewing gum or drinking fluids to promote active swallowing can help keep the air pressure equalized in your ears when flying with sinus infection troubles. If you are still having a problem with plugged up ears, pinch your nose closed and try to exhale while your mouth is closed. Sometimes, this technique will result in a popping noise in your ear and other times, if you are really congested, you may hear a whistling sound.
There is one other over the counter aid which could greatly help you with flying with sinus infection troubles. Special ear plugs called ďear planesĒ are devices you stick in your ears which help with the regulation of cabin pressure during flight. Many flight attendants and pilots use these when they are particularly prone to ear troubles during air travel.
While no one solution is available to combat pain while flying with sinus infection problems, hopefully a combination of some of the remedies above can help. Of course, always consult with your doctor to determine the best travel solutions while you are sick.